The Holt Group is a real estate development and investment firm with a Homebuilding operating company seeking to hire a full-time Warranty Technician for its Vancouver, WA office. The Warranty Technician responds to a home buyer’s request for repairs that fall under warranty coverage, documents the repair, and contacts the appropriate personnel to complete the repair. This entry-level position acts as an advocate for our clients and represents the company with the highest level of integrity, character, professionalism, courtesy, and ethics. The Warranty Technician is responsible for ensuring that each client’s experience, during their Warranty period, is uniquely exceptional.
Essential Job Functions
The primary job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Owning the client experience, communication, and expectations from closing of the home sale through the end of the warranty period.
- Establishing and maintaining positive customer relationships, both internally and externally.
- Addressing post possession homeowner concerns.
- Traveling to client homes for inspections and repairs (company vehicle will be provided).
- Meeting with homeowners to address their items on the Homeowner walkthrough list.
- Communicating with clients to ensure thorough understanding of proper warranty coverage expectations.
- Conducting visual inspections of warranty issues and documenting each item with notes and photographs.
- Ensuring quality standards are being met on all warranty repairs.
- Ensuring that root causes of issues are being identified and reported.
- May operate a variety of small hand and power tools for ‘hands-on’ repairs where needed.
- Ensuring that all processes and administrative procedures are followed consistently, completely, and accurately.
- Being responsible for tracking, responding to, and completing homeowner warranty requests.
- Scheduling repair services with vendors and subcontractors.
- Practicing financial responsibility at all times when dealing with trade partners and warranty repairs.
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously, resolving problems, meeting deadlines and performance objectives, and thriving in a fast-paced work environment.
- Performing other duties as needed or required.
The qualifications below reflect management’s requirement. The employee in this position will have:
- Strong computer skills required, with a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Outlook), and internet-based programs such as Internet Explorer and Google Chrome.
- Driver’s license with a safe driving record required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the residential construction industry preferred.
- Prior experience in Customer Service/Contractor Management preferred.
- Working knowledge and hands-on experience of equipment, tools, materials, and supplies used in new home construction preferred, but training will be provided where necessary.
- Prior experience with Builder MT and/or Punchlist Manager is a plus.
- Strong customer service skills in dealing with homeowners.
- Ability to problem solve and deal with conflict while maintaining a professional demeanor and appearance.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructions, internal memos, customer correspondence, safety rules, policy manuals, and purchase orders.
- Basic knowledge of first aid and applicable safety precautions.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.