The Superintendent helps manage the construction of multiple homes by scheduling and supervising job site subcontractors, homeowner walk-throughs, and inspections while maintaining company construction and safety standards. This person is a front-line ambassador for Holt Homes and represents the company with the highest level of integrity, character, professionalism, courtesy, and ethics.
- Honesty – We say what we’ll do and do what we say
- Support – We express empathy, nurture growth, offer help, and accept help
- Efficiency – We don’t cut corners, but cut waste and find the best way
- Responsiveness – We recognize possibilities and respond to change, learn from mistakes, and communicate promptly
- Improvement – We innovate endlessly
- Minimum of 3 years of residential construction experience
- Ability to perform physical requirements of job, including but not limited to stooping, use of ladders, lifting 75 pounds on a regular basis, traversing rough terrain and jobsite obstacles, etc.
- Must be able to work in adverse weather and/or from jobsite trailer or truck.
- Basic knowledge of Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- 0% remote work
- Achieve goals within a stressful environment in a calm, rational, professional manor
- Memorable customer service skills with the ability to de-escalate high-tension interactions with homebuyers
- Experience with Smartsheets and Builder MT preferred
- Familiarity with calendar or scheduling software preferred
- Be able to read blueprints and effectively communicate information to others.
- Ability to manage time and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Ability to recognize and enforce quality standards through daily inspection of homes under construction.
- Knowledge of principles for providing quality customer service and maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of site safety regulations, both federal and state
- Develop and maintain good rapport with subcontractors, city officials and inspectors.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Strong follow-up skills
- Work independently as well as in a group setting
- Plan and direct construction activities on the building site.
- Schedule all involved subcontractors for each phase of development and construction.
- Complete each home site on schedule, from planning through occupancy, ensuring all contract obligations are satisfied.
- Approve work being performed by subcontractors and handle any related issues.
- Authorize payment of subcontractors upon thorough inspection of work by keeping the Vendor Portal Schedules and Variance Purchase Orders tasks complete and up-to-date daily.
- Maintain a safe work site by implementing safety requirements and good housekeeping regulations, enforcing safe work habits, observing OSHA requirements and any state level agencies’ regulations.
- Maintain compliance with all applicable building codes and scopes of work.
- Verify all checklists are completed and inspections are scheduled and passed.
- Conduct homeowner orientation and any re-walks ensuring homeowner satisfaction,
- Monitor subdivision cleanliness and hold subcontractors responsible for daily clean-up.
- Schedule and manage subcontractors to make designated warranty repairs.
- Follow-up with homeowners to ensure concerns are addressed in a timely and professional manner.
- Execute company policies and enforces uniformity on construction methods to ensure compliance with quality standards.
- Train construction associates in the policies, procedures, systems and technical construction means and methods used by the Company.
- Maintain construction documents (lot files, trade associate files and permits) at the job site so that all pertinent information is readily available.
- Suggest improvements within the system.
- Perform other duties as needed or required
- Regularly uses a computer with repeated movements to enter data, differentiate between colors, shades, and brightness, and read from a screen for extended periods of time
- Heavy physical activity involving the handling of average and heavy objects, regularly standing, crawling, bending or stooping.
- Regularly interacts with homeowners, trade partners, and vendors
- Shell credit card for gas
- Home Depot credit card
- Monthly cell phone reimbursement
- Quarterly Bonus Program