Holt proudly offers a builder backed warranty with the purchase of every home.
WC Code: 4900-00
|Reports to:||Area/Regional Construction Manager|
|Rate of Pay:||$68,000.00 – $74,500.00|
|Location:||Field and Vancouver, WA main office|
|FT or PT:||40 hours/week; Mon – Fri|
The Superintendent helps manage the construction of multiple homes by scheduling and supervising job site subcontractors, homeowner walk-throughs, and inspections, while maintaining company construction and safety standards. This person is a front-line ambassador for Holt Homes and represents the company with the highest level of integrity, character, professionalism, courtesy, and ethics.
- Honesty – We say what we’ll do and do what we say
- Support – We express empathy, nurture growth, offer help, and accept help
- Efficiency – We don’t cut corners, but cut waste and find the best way
- Responsiveness – We recognize possibilities and respond to change, learn from mistakes, and communicate promptly
- Improvement – We innovate endlessly
- High School diploma required
- College degree or trade school preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of residential construction experience
- Ability to perform physical requirements of job, including but not limited to stooping, use of ladders, lifting 75 pounds on a regular basis, traversing rough terrain and jobsite obstacles, etc.
- Must be able to work in adverse weather, jobsite trailer, and truck.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle to navigate communities
- Basic knowledge of Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Know site safety regulations, both federal and state
- Read blueprints and effectively communicate information to others.
- Memorable customer service skills with the ability to de-escalate high-tension interactions with homebuyers
- Know principles for providing quality customer service and maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Experience with Smartsheet and Builder Portal preferred
- Familiarity with calendar or scheduling in Outlook preferred
- Manage time and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written, in the English language
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Strong follow-up skills
- Work independently as well as in a group setting
- Recognize and enforce quality standards through daily inspection of homes under construction.
- Develop and maintain good rapport with subcontractors, city officials, and inspectors.
- Plan and direct construction activities on the building site.
- Schedule all involved subcontractors for each phase of development and construction.
- Complete each home site on schedule, from planning through occupancy, ensuring all contract obligations are satisfied.
- Approve work being performed by subcontractors and handle any related issues.
- Authorize payment of subcontractors upon thorough inspection of work by keeping the Vendor Portal Schedules and Variance Purchase Order tasks complete and up-to-date daily.
- Maintain a safe work site by implementing safety requirements and good housekeeping regulations, enforcing safe work habits, observing OSHA requirements and any state level agencies’ regulations.
- Maintain compliance with all applicable building codes and scopes of work.
- Verify all checklists are completed and inspections are scheduled and passed.
- Conduct homeowner orientation and any re-walks ensuring homeowner satisfaction,
- Monitor subdivision cleanliness and hold subcontractors responsible for daily clean-up.
- Schedule and manage subcontractors to make designated warranty repairs.
- Follow-up with homeowners to ensure concerns are addressed in a timely and professional manner.
- Execute company policies and enforce uniformity on construction methods to ensure compliance with quality standards.
- Train construction associates in the policies, procedures, systems, technical construction, and means and methods used by the Company.
- Maintain construction documents (lot files, trade associate files and permits) at the job site so that all pertinent information is readily available.
- Suggest improvements within the system.
- Perform other duties as needed or required
- Regularly uses a computer with repeated movements to enter data, differentiate between colors, shades, and brightness, and read from a screen for extended periods of time
- Heavy physical activity involving the handling of average and heavy objects, regularly standing, crawling, bending or stooping.
- Regularly interacts with homeowners, trade partners, and vendors
- Employer paid health, dental, and vision insurance per full-time employee
- Employer paid Life Insurance, long term disability insurance, and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance worth $25,000 per full-time employee
- Company provided Health Reimbursement Arrangement
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employer contributes 4.5% into each employee’s 401(k), even if employee does not contribute
- Family Medical Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly Wellness Reimbursement
- 1 hour of paid sick leave per 30 hours worked
|Vacation Accrual for Regular Full-Time Team Members|
|Years of Service||Accrual Rate Per Pay Period||Days Earned Per Year|
|First Year||40 hours front loaded. Accrual rate of 1.53 hours for remainder of year||10 Days|
|1 Year Anniversary||3.07 Hours||10 Days|
|3 Year Anniversary||4.61 Hours||15 Days|
|10 Year Anniversary||6.15 Hours||20 Days|
- Quarterly per door bonus program
- 13 paid holidays yearly (Company)
- Company laptop
- Company iPad
- $70 monthly cell phone reimbursement
- Well-retire 401(k) Financial Advisor
- Reimbursements for parking and public transportation
- Visa credit card for gas and home improvement purchases
- Education Assistance Program that includes reimbursement of up to $3,500 per year
- Home Purchase Program
- Employee Referral Program
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this classification. The duties and responsibilities above may not be a comprehensive list; additional tasks may be assigned from time to time, and the scope of this position may change as necessitated by business or industry demands.