We are on the lookout for qualified and experienced Senior Superintendents to oversee residential construction in Vancouver, Portland, Eugene, Corvallis, Cottage Grove, and Springfield. Holt offers quarterly per-door bonuses based on the employee’s ability to complete construction of our beautiful homes in a timely manner, at or under budgeted prices, and with a high customer satisfaction score. If you enjoy cooperating with a hard-working team dedicated to quality, integrity, and craftsmanship, apply today!
Manage all functions of the job site as it relates to home construction while providing excellent customer service. The Sr. Superintendent manages the construction of multiple homes from permit to closing by scheduling and supervising job site subcontractors, homeowner walk-throughs and inspections while maintaining company construction and safety standards. Responsible for hiring and training newly-hired construction employees.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The functions and duties below do not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The employee in this position will:
· Plan and direct construction activities on the building site.
· Schedule all involved subcontractors for each phase of development and construction.
· Complete each home site on schedule from planning through occupancy, ensuring all contract obligations are satisfied.
· Approve work being performed by subcontractors and handle any related issues.
· Authorize payment of subcontractors upon thorough inspection of work by keeping the Vendor Portal Schedules and Variance Purchase Orders tasks complete and up-to-date daily.
· Maintain a safe work site by implementing safety requirements and good housekeeping regulations, enforcing safe work habits, observing OSHA requirements and any state level agencies’ regulations. Conduct weekly safety meetings and oversee the maintenance of safety logs.
· Maintain compliance with all applicable building codes and scopes of work.
· Verify all checklists are completed and inspections are scheduled and passed.
· Conduct homeowner orientation and any re-walks ensuring homeowner satisfaction,
· Recognize and enforce quality standards through daily inspection of homes under construction.
· Monitor subdivision cleanliness and hold subcontractors responsible for daily clean-up.
· Schedule and manage subcontractors to make designated warranty repairs.
· Follow-up with homeowners to ensure concerns are addressed in a timely and professional manner.
· Conduct all business in a professional and ethical manner to serve customers and increase the goodwill and profit of the company.
· Develop and maintain good rapport with subcontractors, homeowners, city officials and inspectors.
· Execute company policies and enforces uniformity on construction methods to ensure compliance with quality standards.
· Hire, mentor and train construction associates in the policies, procedures, systems and technical construction means and methods used by the Company.
· Maintain construction documents (lot files, trade associate files and permits) at the job site so that all pertinent information is readily available.
· Suggest improvements within the system.
The qualifications below reflect the management’s assignment of essential qualifications.
· Workforce experience demonstrating strong desire for success, organization and leadership.
· Able to read blueprints and effectively communicate information to others.
· Able to manage time and adhere to strict deadlines.
· Knowledge of principles for providing quality customer service and maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
· Ability to achieve goals within a stressful environment in a calm, rational, professional manor.
· Ability to use current computer and phone technologies including web-based scheduling, iPad and phone applications.
· Able to work with a flexible schedule that may require more than 40 hours work per week.
· Have exemplary record of attendance and punctuality; always be honest and ethical.
· Current, valid driver’s license and minimum state required liability insurance.
· Able to perform essential functions of position without reasonable accommodation including ability to lift 75 lbs with relative ease. Must be able to use a ladder and move easily over rough terrain and jobsite obstacles. Must be able to work in adverse weather and/or from jobsite trailer or pick-up truck.
· Have manual dexterity, eye-hand coordination, and corrected vision to normal range.
· Completion and satisfactorily passing a pre-employment drug screening. Employee will be subject to mandatory post-accident drug testing for any incident that the employee is involved.
· Degree in construction management or completion of other post-secondary program in related field.
· Knowledge of business management principles such as management of people and budgeting.
· Previous experience with a production homebuilder.
· Construction skills including minor carpentry work, clean-up, painting and similar minor punchlist tasks which are not completed by subcontractors.
· Familiarity with calendar or scheduling software.
· Some management experience.