Manage all functions of the job site as it relates to home construction, while providing excellent customer service. The Sr. Superintendent manages the construction of multiple homes, from permit to closing, by scheduling and supervising job site subcontractors, homeowner walk-throughs, and inspections while maintaining company construction and safety standards. Responsible for daily supervision and training newly hired construction employees and serves as lead for neighborhood. This person is a front-line ambassador for Holt Homes and represents the company with the highest level of integrity, character, professionalism, courtesy, and ethics.
- Minimum of 7 years of residential construction experience
- Minimum of 3 years of managerial experience in residential construction
- Ability to perform physical requirements of job, including but not limited to stooping, use of ladders, lifting 75 pounds on a regular basis, traversing rough terrain and jobsite obstacles, etc.
- Must be able to work in adverse weather and/or from jobsite trailer or truck.
- Ability to quickly learn Builder MT and/or Sales Simplicity
- Be able to read blueprints and effectively communicate information to others.
- Ability to manage time and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Be able to work with a flexible schedule that may require more than 40 hours per week.
- Ability to recognize and enforce quality standards through daily inspection of homes under construction.
- Current, valid driver’s license and minimum state required liability insurance.
- Knowledge of principles for providing quality customer service and maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of site safety regulations, both federal and state
- Ability to achieve goals within a stressful environment in a calm, rational, professional manor
- Completion and satisfactorily passing a pre-employment drug screening. Employee will be subject to mandatory post-accident drug testing for any incident that the employee is involved.
- Familiarity with calendar or scheduling software preferred
- Basic computer skills with experience in MS Excel and MS Outlook, and experience with internet-based programs such as Internet Explorer and Google Chrome are preferred
- Develop and maintain good rapport with subcontractors, city officials and inspectors.
- Memorable customer service skills with the ability to de-escalate high-tension interactions with homebuyers
- Maintain a professional demeanor and appearance to Holt Homes’ standards
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Strong follow-up skills
- Work independently as well as in a group setting
- Ability to train or mentor Assistant Superintendents and Superintendents
- Adapt to an ever-changing environment
- Have exemplary record of attendance and punctuality; always be honest and ethical.
- Plan and direct construction activities on the building site.
- Schedule all involved subcontractors for each phase of development and construction.
- Complete each home site on schedule, from planning through occupancy, ensuring all contract obligations are satisfied.
- Approve work being performed by subcontractors and handle any related issues.
- Authorize payment of subcontractors upon thorough inspection of work by keeping the Vendor Portal Schedules and Variance Purchase Orders tasks complete and up-to-date daily.
- Maintain a safe work site by implementing safety requirements and good housekeeping regulations, enforcing safe work habits, observing OSHA requirements and any state level agencies’ regulations. Conduct weekly safety meetings and oversee the maintenance of safety logs.
- Maintain compliance with all applicable building codes and scopes of work.
- Verify all checklists are completed and inspections are scheduled and passed.
- Conduct homeowner orientation and any re-walks ensuring homeowner satisfaction,
- Monitor subdivision cleanliness and hold subcontractors responsible for daily clean-up.
- Schedule and manage subcontractors to make designated warranty repairs.
- Follow-up with homeowners to ensure concerns are addressed in a timely and professional manner.
- Execute company policies and enforces uniformity on construction methods to ensure compliance with quality standards.
- Train construction associates in the policies, procedures, systems and technical construction means and methods used by the Company.
- Maintain construction documents (lot files, trade associate files and permits) at the job site so that all pertinent information is readily available.
- Suggest improvements within the system.
- Regularly uses a computer and/or iPad with repeated movements to enter data, differentiate between colors, shades and brightness, and read from a computer screen for extended periods of time
- Regularly interacts with homeowners, trade partners, and the office administrative staff
- Regularly uses job trailer as an office
- Heavy physical activity involving the handling of average and heavy objects, regularly standing, crawling, bending or stooping.
- Requires ability to lift up to 75 lbs. with frequency