ABOUT HOLT HOMES
For nearly four decades, Holt has built new construction homes for families in Oregon and Southwest Washington. The quality and experience of our people, the ease and efficiency of our approach, and the livability of our communities combine to make Holt Homes the fastest growing home builder in the region.
Our team is comprised of ambitious learners and top performers who are passionate about what they do, who seek to improve every day, and who understand that life is too short to not enjoy yourself along the way.
We believe that delivering a positive experience and quality product to our customers begins with creating a positive experience and quality culture for our team. It’s not always easy, but we are committed to our core values, and we strive to live them every day.
BE HONEST – BE SUPPORTIVE – BE EFFICIENT – BE RESPONSIVE – BE BETTER
SO…WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
We are seeking a dynamic AREA SALES MANAGER to help us drive and achieve sales and revenue goals, implement corporate strategies and policies, and to develop, motivate and lead a team of sales associates.
In this role you will work closely with the VP of Marketing, CX and Sales to have input into our product, community amenity, customer and pricing strategies.
- Revenue Generation
- Collaborate with the leadership team to develop sales forecasts in line with the overall business plan
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans for each community to achieve or exceed forecasted sales and closing objectives, including recommendations on plan pricing, home site premiums, lot availability mix, lot releases, sales incentives
- Provide input into land acquisition and new community development processes, including floorplans, spec level, neighborhood amenities, consumer targets and pricing mix, using market trends and research data
- Serve as the internal expert on new construction and resale home products in the area, maintain current knowledge of competitor policies, programs, pricing and products, as well as consumer demographics and economic influences
- Collaborate with marketing and home build teams on floor plans, options and selections for community model homes
- Provide input regarding the advertising and marketing needs of the communities
- Team Leadership
- Recruit, hire, train, develop, motivate, and retain a productive and high engaged sales team
- Ensure job expectations and monthly performance goals are clearly communicated and adhered to by each community sales team
- Monitor and analyze sales pipeline and conversion rate of each team and individual sales associate, promote positivity and encourage constructive behavior
- Coach team via instruction, role play, interactive discussion on Holt’s product offerings, customer experience expectations, value proposition and sales process
- Review purchase agreements, ensure technology use and adoption
- Travel between communities, spending the majority of each day in the field working the sales associates and inspecting sales offices, models and communities for improvement opportunities
- Customer Experience
- Support company goals to achieve an overall customer satisfaction rate of 100%
- Serve as the “voice of the customer” to the leadership team
- Reinforce the “Holt Way” customer-centric mindset for brand, culture, performance and customer care
- Interface with prospective and in-process buyers and current homeowners to solve any concerns or complaints, to ensure high customer satisfaction
- 6+ years of experience in the home building industry, including a frontline sales role
- 3+ years in a sales management position, including training, motivating, leading a team in a homebuilding environment
- Expert understanding of the sales process and the selling cycle in a new home sales environment
- Demonstrated customer-focus and solution-orientation, talent for engaging and building trust quickly with all personality types
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, ability to present information with confidence
- Strong coaching abilities, particularly in mentoring and providing detailed feedback to individuals with diverse personality types and skill sets
- Motivated self-starter; takes initiative, pro-actively addresses challenges and can work with minimal oversight
- Ability to evaluate data (market, product, consumer) accurately, with attention to detail, to develop big picture and community-level revenue driving strategies
- Proven track record of managing complex processes with diverse groups of stakeholders
- Strong software skills; must be fluent in all Microsoft Office, proficient in CRM, CX and Home builder ERP platforms/systems
- As required by law, must be a licensed managing broker
At The Holt Homes, we’ve designed our compensation and benefits to support our team.
- Total Compensation Range: $165,000 – $185,000
- Base + Commission + Bonus Opportunity
- Employer paid health, dental, and vision insurance at no cost to employees
- Robust 401(k) with 4.5% employer contribution annually
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employer paid life insurance and AD+D
- Vacation, sick time, company paid holidays, and annual holiday close
- Transit or parking reimbursement and gas card
- Education Assistance Program
- Monthly fitness reimbursement
- Outstanding working environment and team building events
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Holt Homes will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Holt does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (sex), national origin, age, marital status, creed, sexual orientation, disability, honorably discharged veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We invite all qualified applicants to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you are up for our in-depth hiring process, and believe you can contribute to a dynamic, growing company, please submit an application to [INSERT LINK]. Phone calls and emails are not accepted.