Holt proudly offers a builder backed warranty with the purchase of every home.
WC Code: 4900-00
|Reports to:||Regional/Area Construction Manager|
|Rate of Pay:||$23.00 – $33.00/h ($47,840.00 – $68,640.00)|
|Location:||Field and Vancouver, WA main office|
|FT or PT:||40 hours/week; Mon – Fri|
The Assistant Superintendent supports the Superintendent and SR Superintendent with the management of the job site as it relates to home construction, while providing excellent customer service. This position schedules and supervises subcontractors, conducts homeowner walk-throughs, inspections, subdivision upkeep, and enforces safety standards. This person is a front-line ambassador for Holt Homes and represents the company with the highest level of integrity, character, professionalism, courtesy, and ethics.
- Honesty – We say what we’ll do and do what we say
- Support – We express empathy, nurture growth, offer help, and accept help
- Efficiency – We don’t cut corners, but cut waste and find the best way
- Responsiveness – We recognize possibilities and respond to change, learn from mistakes, and communicate promptly
- Improvement – We innovate endlessly
- High School diploma required
- College degree or trade school preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of residential construction experience
- Ability to perform physical requirements of job, including but not limited to stooping, use of ladders, lifting 75 pounds on a regular basis, traversing rough terrain and jobsite obstacles, etc.
- Must be able to work in adverse weather, jobsite trailer, and truck
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle to navigate communities
- Basic knowledge of Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Ability to read blueprints is preferred
- Memorable customer service skills with the ability to de-escalate high-tension interactions with homebuyers
- Familiarity with calendar or scheduling in Outlook is preferred
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written, in the English language
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Work independently as well as in a group setting
- Provide Construction skills including minor carpentry work, clean-up, painting, and similar minor punch list tasks which are not completed by subcontractors.
- Recognize and enforce quality standards through daily inspection of homes under construction.
- Inspect each house daily to assure the quality of workmanship. Ensure all work is in accordance with plans and specifications and determine the status as it compares to the production schedule.
- Schedule and walk all inspections with inspectors.
- Develop and maintain good rapport with subcontractors and homeowners.
- Walk each completed home before the homeowner walk-through and closing sign-off to make sure that the home is complete, clean, and meets standards of quality.
- Assist in homeowner orientation and any re-walks, ensuring homeowner satisfaction.
- Note outstanding homeowner walk-through items and schedule subcontractors to repair.
- Assist Superintendents in scheduling of subcontractors.
- Inspect and enforce job safety requirements.
- In absence of Senior Superintendent or Superintendent, make sure all schedules, policies, and guidelines are maintained.
- Execute company policies and enforce uniformity on construction methods to ensure compliance with quality standards.
- Monitor subdivision cleanliness and hold subcontractors responsible for daily clean-up.
- Conduct all business in a professional and ethical manner to serve customers and increase the goodwill and profit of the company.
- Perform other duties as needed or required
- Regularly uses a computer with repeated movements to enter data, differentiate between colors, shades, and brightness, and read from a screen for extended periods of time
- Heavy physical activity involving the handling of average and heavy objects, regularly standing, crawling, bending or stooping.
- Regularly interacts with homeowners, trade partners, and vendors
- Employer paid health, dental, and vision insurance per full-time employee
- Employer paid Life Insurance, long term disability insurance, and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance worth $25,000 per full-time employee
- Company provided Health Reimbursement Arrangement
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employer contributes 4.5% into each employee’s 401(k), even if employee does not contribute
- Family Medical Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly Wellness Reimbursement
- 1 hour of paid sick leave per 30 hours worked
|Vacation Accrual for Regular Full-Time Team Members|
|Years of Service||Accrual Rate Per Pay Period||Days Earned Per Year|
|First Year||40 hours front loaded. Accrual rate of 1.53 hours for remainder of year||10 Days|
|1 Year Anniversary||3.07 Hours||10 Days|
|3 Year Anniversary||4.61 Hours||15 Days|
|10 Year Anniversary||6.15 Hours||20 Days|
- Quarterly Bonus Program
- 13 paid holidays yearly (Company)
- Company laptop
- Company iPad
- $70 monthly cell phone reimbursement
- Well-retire 401(k) Financial Advisor
- Reimbursements for parking and public transportation
- Visa credit card for gas and home improvement purchases
- Education Assistance Program that includes reimbursement of up to $3,500 per year
- Home Purchase Program
- Employee Referral Program
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this classification. The duties and responsibilities above may not be a comprehensive list; additional tasks may be assigned from time to time, and the scope of this position may change as necessitated by business or industry demands.