Assist the Superintendent with the management of the job site as it relates to home construction, while providing excellent customer service. This includes, but is not limited to, scheduling and supervising job site subcontractors, homeowner walk-throughs, inspections, subdivision upkeep, and enforcing safety standards. This person is a front-line ambassador for Holt Homes and represents the company with the highest level of integrity, character, professionalism, courtesy, and ethics.
- Minimum of 1 year of residential construction experience
- Ability to perform physical requirements of job, including but not limited to stooping, use of ladders, lifting 75 pounds on a regular basis, traversing rough terrain and jobsite obstacles, etc.
- Must be able to work in adverse weather and/or from jobsite trailer
- Able to effectively communicate information to others.
- Able to manage time and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Be able to work with a flexible schedule that may require more than 40 hours per week.
- Current, valid driver’s license and minimum state required liability insurance.
- Knowledge of principles for providing quality customer service and maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to achieve goals within a stressful environment in a calm, rational, professional manor.
- Completion and satisfactorily passing a pre-employment drug screening. Employee will be subject to mandatory post-accident drug testing for any incident that the employee is involved.
- Basic computer skills with experience in MS Excel and MS Outlook, and experience with internet-based programs such as Internet Explorer and Google Chrome are preferred
- Familiarity with calendar or scheduling software is preferred
- Ability to read blueprints is preferred
- Provide Construction skills including minor carpentry work, clean-up, painting, and similar minor punch list tasks which are not completed by subcontractors.
- Memorable customer service skills with the ability to de-escalate high-tension interactions with homebuyers.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and appearance to Holt Homes’ standards
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Work independently as well as in a group setting
- Adapt to an ever-changing environment
- Have exemplary record of attendance and punctuality; always be honest and ethical.
- Conduct all related work as directed by superiors.
- Recognize and enforce quality standards through daily inspection of homes under construction.
- Inspect each house daily to assure the quality of workmanship. Ensure all work is in accordance with plans and specifications and determine the status as it compares to the production schedule.
- Schedule and walk all inspections with inspectors.
- Develop and maintain good rapport with subcontractors and homeowners.
- Walk each completed home before the homeowner walk-through and closing sign-off to make sure that the home is complete, clean, and meets standards of quality.
- Assist in homeowner orientation and any re-walks, ensuring homeowner satisfaction.
- Note outstanding homeowner walk-through items and schedule subcontractors to repair.
- Assist Superintendents in scheduling of subcontractors.
- Inspect and enforce job safety requirements.
- In absence of Senior Superintendent or Superintendent, makes sure all schedules, policies, and guidelines are maintained.
- Execute company policies and enforce uniformity on construction methods to ensure compliance with quality standards.
- Suggest improvements within the system.
- Monitor subdivision cleanliness and hold subcontractors responsible for daily clean-up.
- Conduct all business in a professional and ethical manner to serve customers and increase the goodwill and profit of the company.
- Regularly uses a computer and/or iPad with repeated movements to enter data, differentiate between colors, shades, and brightness, and read from a computer screen for extended periods of time
- Regularly interacts with homeowners, trade partners, and the office administrative staff
- Regularly uses job trailer as an office
- Heavy physical activity involving the handling of average and heavy objects, regularly standing, crawling, bending, or stooping.
- Requires ability to lift up to 75 lbs. with frequency