The Project Manager oversees and manages land development projects from feasibility studies through final property disposition and HOA turnover for The Holt Group and its affiliates. This position analyzes, entitles, and develops land with responsibilities for planning, scheduling, and budgetary control. This person will regularly interact with regulatory agencies, primary engineers, and other consultants with integrity, courtesy, and character.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in a major related to construction management, engineering, or other technical area of study
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in land development entitlement, construction, or contract administration
- Advanced knowledge of Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Experience with resource planning and budgeting software
- Up to 80% remote, upon manager’s approval
- Possess working knowledge and understanding of the entitlement process, civil design, and natural resource permitting
- Maintain a professional demeanor when communicating with third party agencies, engineers, or consultants
- Ability to learn new software and programs quickly
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written in the English language
- Organize, multitask, prioritize, and complete tasks in an efficient manner
- Adapt to an ever-changing environment
- Work independently as well as in a group setting
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking
- Provide feasibility study support for new land acquisitions, including assistance with the coordination of third-party studies, preparation of development budgets and timelines, and review of property documents.
- Oversee entitlement approvals, such as comprehensive plan amendments, zoning, preliminary plats, engineering plans, and final plats.
- In preparation of applications, planning and engineering documents, supervise and coordinate with third-party consultants, including but not limited to: planners; primary engineers; surveyors; environmental, wetland, geotechnical, and traffic consultants; and landscape architects.
- Coordinate and review dry utility (power, phone, cable, internet and gas) designs and associated construction implementation.
- Obtain all required development permits and approvals from applicable jurisdictions and provide assistance to secure building permits, as needed.
- Oversee all development-related contract administration, including bidding, contracting, construction oversight, invoice processing (review, coding, and approval) and project close-out activities.
- Oversee the timely completion of all land development improvements, and provide periodic schedule updates, as needed.
- Oversee all land development budgeting and provide periodic accounting review associated with the same.
- Timely secure applicable agency acceptance of all land development improvements, including posting and release of all assurances, and procurement of reimbursements.
- During land development construction, oversee stormwater pollution prevention program compliance, and provide subsequent support to transfer such responsibilities to Holt Home-Build team or other property purchaser.
- Provide support for HOA from establishment through turnover, including preliminary budgeting, filing incorporation documents, preparation of CCR’s and bylaws, and serving as a liaison or board member.
- As needed throughout the life of a project, provide support and cooperation with Acquisition, Underwriting, Accounting, Home Building, Valuations, and Dispositions teams.
- As may be required to support Holt’s organizational structure, cross-train for other land development positions.
- Have the ability to read, understand, and implement civil construction plans.
- Regularly uses a computer with repeated movements to enter data, differentiate between colors, shades, and brightness, and read from a screen for extended periods of time
- Periodically traverses rough terrain when visiting job sites to inspect developments
- Regularly interacts with regulatory agencies, primary engineers, law firms, and city and state permit offices
- Up to 80% remote, upon supervisor’s approval